Re: everyone please read/ help needed

--- Colonel Lightning <lightning4eva@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need to know if it is worth replacing the engine.
> The rest of the car is in good condition overall and
> has lots of new parts.

I'd say it's probably worth replacing the engine.  :)

> 1. What year VW's had the 1.8l 16V (the exact match)?

'86.5-'88 Scirocco 16v
'87-'89 Golf GTI 16v
'88-'89 Jetta GLI 16v

> 2. What year VW's have the 2.0l that would fit in the
> 16V?

'90-'93 Passat CL / GL
'91-'92 Golf GTI 16v
'91-'92 Jetta GLI 16v

> ***how much modification is needed to put in the 2.0
> block???

Nothing that I'm aware of.

> 3. Which engine would cost less?

Probably the 1.8

> 4. Which engine is easier to find?

Again, probably the 1.8.

> 5. IF the 2.0 costs less, do the modifications cost a
> lot?

Either 16v engine will be somewhat expensive to modify
compared to an 8v.

> I'm sure a few of you understand where i am coming
> from.  I don't wanna say good bye.  If anyone has any
> other comments on what i should/shouldn't do, I owe
> you one.

Don't let another 'roc die.  Invest some of that $2500
insurance settlement to keep another one alive.  FWIW, the
G60 would be a lot more effort (expense) to install, but it
could be done.  I'd stick with the 1.8 or 2.0 16v
personally.

My $0.02

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." - Lily Tomlin