everyone please read/ help needed

Good evening List,

Since you all have so much more experience in life
(i'm 19) and with Scirocco's, i think it is only fair
to pretty much let ya'll decide the fate of my rocco.

The engine is dead after a guesstimation of 300,000
miles plus in my 88 16V(no oil pressure and it
seized).  I love this car so much i don't wanna part.

I need to know if it is worth replacing the engine.
The rest of the car is in good condition overall and
has lots of new parts.

1. What year VW's had the 1.8l 16V (the exact match)?

2. What year VW's have the 2.0l that would fit in the
16V?

***how much modification is needed to put in the 2.0
block???

3. Which engine would cost less?
4. Which engine is easier to find?
5. IF the 2.0 costs less, do the modifications cost a
lot?

I'm sure a few of you understand where i am coming
from.  I don't wanna say good bye.  If anyone has any
other comments on what i should/shouldn't do, I owe
you one.

I just go a good sized check from the insurance
company for the stuff that was stoled out of my Taurus
(2,500).  This would all be done by a very well
respected mechanic.

What do you all think of the total price??

Thank you for your time,
Sincerly,
Mick

**is a G60 practical is i could find one???***