Re: Ausgeseichnicht, 1st Roc commercial

--- Cmr446@cs.com wrote:
> Standard Time,
> jorel140@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << Anybody out there remember that really old
> Scirocco
>  (MK1) commercial where this German test driver is
>  ripping around a track? When he gets done, he pulls
>  off his helmet and says "ausgeseichnicht," or
> somthing
>  like that? Not sure how to spell that German word.
>  Maybe a German lister can help? I think it means
>  "excellant"? Can anyone remember what year that
> was? >>
>
>      I don't remember that one, but I think the
> first Scirocco comercial
> showed a guy on a camel comming over a dune while
> the desert wind blows sand
> all around, I think he turns and yells out
> "SCIROCCO!!" and a (red? orange?)
> MK I comes bounding over the dune.
>   Yes, that was when there were knobs on TV's and we
> actually had to get up
> to change channels.....
>
> Carl
> 77rocco
> 89fox

I saw that somewhere, it was on the History Channel or
somthing like that. They did this feature on
Volkswagen before and after WWII. Real trend setters
those guys from VW if you ask me. I remember using
this as fuel in an argument against this guy who said
Sciroccos were German attempts to catch up with
Japanese innovations. I said it was the other way
around. I think I was right there.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos