Re: Ausgeseichnicht

In a message dated 2/1/01 11:04:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jorel140@yahoo.com writes:

<< Anybody out there remember that really old Scirocco
 (MK1) commercial where this German test driver is
 ripping around a track? When he gets done, he pulls
 off his helmet and says "ausgeseichnicht," or somthing
 like that? Not sure how to spell that German word.
 Maybe a German lister can help? I think it means
 "excellant"? Can anyone remember what year that was? >>

     I don't remember that one, but I think the first Scirocco comercial
showed a guy on a camel comming over a dune while the desert wind blows sand
all around, I think he turns and yells out "SCIROCCO!!" and a (red? orange?)
MK I comes bounding over the dune.
  Yes, that was when there were knobs on TV's and we actually had to get up
to change channels.....

Carl
77rocco
89fox