Re: [TECH] Cam shaft gears

Everything is easy with the right tools.  I just installed Autotech HD
springs in my 16v head and once I got the hang of Chris DeLong's funky tool
(hey, it worked though!!), it was a breeze.  As far as the cams are
concerned, the ONLY way to install the new cams is in the same
position/manner the old ones were installed.  I don't think you can install
cams any other way than the right way.  The gears need to be pressed off
which, again, is a breeze with the right tool.  Don't use a hammer or
anything, find someone with a press or a puller that won't harm the end of
the cam or the gears.  Lastly, a little tip, if you haven't already, replace
the timing chain.  Cheap and nice to know that it is new.  If you want, you
can find a set of 2.0L cam gears and the valve train will be quieter.  Where
are you?  HTH!!

Dave