From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of ATS - Patrick Bureau
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 4:45 AM
To: Cmr446@cs.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: I have great luck (was: RE: whohoo getting a new car ! ! !)

Carl,

I think your not an enthusiats but an Addict of scirocco's

in the years since car manufacturers have discovered SUV's and therefore
shortly afterwards most women driver (scirocco owners expection here) jumped
into their own "personal tanks" 20" higher, more powerfull, plenty big to
feel invicible, they miss our rocco from site.

One of the reasons why I changed all bulbs, tailights lens, and make damn
sure I always have plenty of space to "slide" into for escape (even at a
light).
I have had the usuall close calls, it just is because our cars are tiny and
the SUV drivers don't know the distance of braking of their vehicules in
most cases.

The driver's manual for the road and it's indication of the safety laws
state" while coming to a full stop, the distance between you and the car in
front of you should be calculated by the capability of being able to see the
rear tires of the car in front of you. That is how I learned it. in 1984...

I have so many pick up's suv etc in Texas, that are less than 8 inches
behind my butt all the time at lights.  but they see me brake just fine.
1157/20w are just wonderfull bulbs, Bright as hell and visible even in
direct sunlight.