Re: [Re: Cold Start Problems]

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Sebastian Liberona <smash593@home.com> wrote:
> Im still having cold start problems. ok this is what
> happens. today it was 0
> degrees(-18 celsius). as usual i have a hell of a time
> starting the thing
> well today it wouldnt start and i kept tryin and for some
> reason after 5 or
> 6 tries my battery dies. this always happens to me when
> its cold. i tried
> swapping for a new battery that i have in my other rocco
> but same problem.
> what could it be? alternator? i had the alternator tested
> and fixed because
> it wasnt charging i replaced the voltage regulator. the
> charge light doesnt
> come on when its running. i dont knwo what to do. any
> ideas?

Have you tried adding a couple extra ground wires?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon

How about a block heater? If it's getting that cold, warmer oil can't hurt, if
you have access to hydro. The car will turn over easier. (Of course us diesel
types have one put in before the car leaves the lot!)(you'll still have to
resolve any charging system / starter problems of course) God luck, it sucks
to be in the cold with a car that won't start.