Cold Start Problems

Im still having cold start problems. ok this is what happens. today it was 0
degrees(-18 celsius). as usual i have a hell of a time starting the thing
well today it wouldnt start and i kept tryin and for some reason after 5 or
6 tries my battery dies. this always happens to me when its cold. i tried
swapping for a new battery that i have in my other rocco but same problem.
what could it be? alternator? i had the alternator tested and fixed because
it wasnt charging i replaced the voltage regulator. the charge light doesnt
come on when its running. i dont knwo what to do. any ideas?