fuel-throttle enrichment switch question

Hey... I just realized that (after having recently scored a Bentley) when I
replaced my throttle body with the weber single valve throttle, the two
leads that I carelessly ignored, (which had nowhere to go on the new
throttle) were to the fuel-throttle enrichment switch.  Now, I'm assuming,
that in my best interest, I should rig this to the new throttle to engage
when it is floored.  What, specifically, does this do, increase the fuel to
air ratio?

TIA,
Drew