From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Andrew Wong
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 9:38 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Common problem or not?

Usually when at a stop sign I put the 84 in 1st gear
but it is in 3rd gear and while driving going to
fourth to fith I go to third gear instead and I have
to shift again.  And later on I read reviews on the 84
Jetta Gli and many of the magazines had the same
problems as me is there a way to correct the shifting
to fith gear and into first without hitting 3rd gear
most of the time(running on 4k).  I know it is not
good for the car, but I can start the car off in third
without a problem and that is what I want to stop doing.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm