Re: Next level past Mk1 'S' = GTX?

    Something I've noticed about VW owners v. other small car owners is
usually a LACK of badging unless it came with the car, i.e.; GTI, GLI. Maybe
the other small car owners are plastering their dreams on the car for the
world to see, or they're just delusional thinking the world is impressed by a
Type R Hyundai, or Mugen Powered Neon.  It's like when kids were putting
TURBO stickers on whatever they drove.."hey, check out the turbo chevette!"...
    If you build a car to spec (GTI, Type R, etc.) or better, badge on 'cause
you can back it up. I think the only place where people are more
rabid/vehement about badging is in the muscle car world, these guys can get
ugly about it.

Carl
77rocco
89fox

In a message dated 12/29/01 3:28:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,