Re: no cold starts

Probably need to tweak something.. Maybe it's little neck Oh I mean... :)
No seriously, it IS probably the thermo timing switch or the ECM.  It's
really odd but you can sit out there and try to crank until doomsday and it
wont crank.  I ran an experiment today.. 35 times I turned the key on, then
off waiting for the fuel pump to cycle on then off.  Then I started it.
Smelled like raw gas and it started after some minor grumbling in german to
it.  Usually it will ONLY start when the battery is low and the start is
almost dead then it starts fine.  After about 5 minutes it gets shut off and
started no problem... 2 hours later starts fine.  4 hours after that..
starts no problem (Yes this is what we injurred people do when you cant
drive)  8 hours later starts fine, no problem..next day
Hard cold start fight fight fight groan groan ok I'll start (after the
battery is almost dead from cranking)
9 hours later  starts fine
10 hours later no start.  So whatever it's problem is it has to wait over 9
hours for it to have this problem.
Anyone wanna come out here and drive my car about 20 block north to the
dealership?  The way I see it is it's gonna have to wait there over night
for the dealership to find out whats wrong with it.  If I could drive it
down there everything would be all warmed up and they couldnt test anything
cold.
it's not the o2 sensor.. checked that, it's not the o-rings or
injectors..remember it starts fine AFTER the first cold start of the day..
so rule out fuel pump and pressure and all that garbage.  Also a
suggestion.. READ the entire mail before you respond.. THINK about the
situation.  Too many people reading half sentances then posting something
stupid like it's the battery.. I already said it's not, the battery is good
and starts will allow a start up to 9 hours.  Lights only go dim AFTER the
starter has been tried for about 10 minutes.
Sorry to be so harsh but I had to say that.  I DO know a little about
cars...used to work on Toyotas (yes John Elway was a nice guy and he was
short LOL (6'6 I'm 6'8).
See ya :) -=John=-