Re: Fuel delivery diagnosis

--- Brian Wagner <scirocco_88_16v@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The moral is don't trust your fuel guage, if you were a buckin and a
> snort
> and it went away when you fueled up you were running out of gas.
>
> IMHO - never let it get below 1/4 tank
>
> Brian

I'm usually broke, so I'm always driving in the lower range of the
"orange-zone".  In all the A1's I've owned (5) the fuel gauge was
extremely accurate.  What I like about them is that when it reads
empty, the tank IS actually empty.  Most NA vehicles I've driven have a
real vague "below the E" area that still holds 50 miles worth of gas!
At least I know that when I hit the "orange-zone" I have exactly 4
litres of gas left...

Rick's anti-slosh fuel pickup "thingy" (?) in the tank might be rotted
or non-existant (my friend's MKII came with an incorrect fuel tank that
the PO installed, and had this problem.  Any time he went around a
corner with less than 1/4 tank it would stumble)...

Mark.