Driving Fun today

  For the first time in a while I drove my 16v today.  I figured it was
a great chance for me to burn some fuel and then refill the tank before I
park it for the winter... so I head out on a nice cruise when I get the
urge to drive to one of my favorite curvy stretches of road around here.
As fate would have it, as I pull onto the road I get behind an older
mustang (5.0)  Very nice looking car (well kept looking).
I make the turn and get right up behind him, and as we crest the next
hill, the road opens up to a nice straight-away.  He downshifts, leaving
a puff of smoke, so I follow suit and try to keep up.  He pulls ahead,
but then he brakes for the turn, and I keep on the throttle...by the time
he makes it through the turn I am right back with him and he tries to
make another run down the next straight...this time I am expecting this
so I am able to stay reasonably close behind him.  Now we enter the twisty
section of the road...which also is downhill.  He is really pushing it
into the first turn and even gets sideways for a moment (cool to watch
from behind!).  I am able to stick with him very easily the entire way
down this twisty section...at the bottom, the guy makes a turn and I give
him a big thumbs up.  He seemed a little mad, but nodded back.
  I don't care what kind of car it was that I was following, but the fact
that he wanted to try to lose me and couldn't is what makes me smile.
(I just wish *he* was the one following me!  ;)
Anyhow, I just thought I would share my fun little adventure...

I just love to drive my Scirocco!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v