Re: The parts car gets its revenge, or how you too can break your nose

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:07:54 -0800 (PST) josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Well, the parts car must be pissed at me for tearing
> it apart and sending pieces of it all over the
> country.
>
> Tonite while packing up the interior to ship it to a
> lister, I attempted to remove the headrests from the
> front seats.  Stubborn things, those headrests.  After
> a bunch of tugging one just pops out unexpectedly and
> SLAM!  Right into my nose.  Heard a nice cracking
> sound and noticed a bright red substance on the
> basement floor.  Nice.
>
> Went to the ER, got a non-displaced fracture.  Beauty.
>

> I did win tho, the seats are totally apart and boxed
> up ready to ship.  Hope you appreciate this Dan!  :-)
>
> -josh
>
> =====
> Josh Wyte
> Momentum Motorsports
> 508-833-3024 After 5 pm EST

Did you remove the hairpin clips that prevent them from being pulled out?

They fit in the groove of the black headrest tubes, that the headrest
fits into.

Btw, if you're still looking for an '88 cluster drop me a line...

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.magnecor.com/ -
http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear, DE 19701 '79 Scirocco 16V,
'83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco