RE: 16v conversion not worth it? Scirocco too slow?

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Jason F. Snow wrote:

> probably rule for you as well, but if I want a crazy 1/4 mile car, I'd
> just by a stock 350 Camaro and run 12's all day long...
well,

I think a scirocco could do quite well in the 1/4 with a 16v
turbo... dollar for dollar turbo is a cheaper way to HP than NA,
really... but then you are competign against other forced induction guys,
and then you have to throw lots of money at it to be competitive, in a
racing setting.

So for racing, its expensive no matter what you do, but stoplight racing,
you'd surprise a number of folks with a turbo 16v ;) (or turbo 8v for that
matter, its cheaper to do that...)

peas,

Steve