Re: 2.0L 8v Questions

Hey,
This summer I did a 2.0L conversion.  I did quite a
bit of shopping around.  I found that it was cheaper
to buy a complete 2.0L setup than it was to just buy
the 2.0L bottom end.
I spent $830 on the motor itself.  With it I got:
the complete motor
intake and exhaust manifolds.  (didn't use the
exhaust)
computer and complete wiring harness
A/C comp
Alternator
All brackets and pulleys
The conversion is very easy.  The engine bolted right
into the car.  I was unable to use the 95 Jetta
alternator and A/C comp because of the bracket.  I
would have had to cut the frame to make it fit.  I
ended up using the old setup which bolted right up to
the motor.
The hardest part of the conversion was routing the
fuel lines and wiring the computer into the car.
These two things took me a day to do.
I LOVE this setup.  The car starts great, hauls butt,
and gets 36 mpg at 70 MPH on the freeway.
IF you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Dave