Re: 8v - 16v conversion

For starters, off the top of my noggin...

The tank is the same.

Make sure you have the 16V brain boxes and all the fuel injection parts.

If you can snag whatever you need from the 16V Scirocco...
Grab the bottom of the air box also, since it has the larger ~3" inlet.
Your car came with a 20mm M/cyl and the Scirocco 16V came w/22mm...
Get both P valves while you are at it, one is down below, right before
the line disappears under the car.
The 10.1" front brakes, the 8.9" rear rotors...
Unless you are doing away with the a/c, don't bother with the funky upper
hose and the radiator.
The stock radiator will be fine, or you can install the non a/c 16V
rad/A2 rad instead.

Try to remove the harness intact, by unplugging it from the fuse panel
and working it through the firewall.

I'm not sure about the harness, but the 16V instrument cluster is plug
'n' play for '84 1/2 and up Sciroccos.

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.magnecor.com/ -
http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599
137298