Re: 8v - 16v conversion

Quoting Dan Williams <scirocco21@hotmail.com>:

> I'm planning to drop a 2.0 16v from a wrecked '86 16v Scirocco into my
> '86
> 8v.  If anybody has done this before could you tell me what has to be
> done
> to make the conversion?

I'm working on it!!! <G>  Boy, looks like I REALLY need to get this tech
procedure done!

> I know the 16v has CIS-E and a different gas
> tank  that I'll have to use, but I don't know the rest of the particulars.

Yes to CIS-E (probably the most difficult part of the swap) and no on the fuel
tank.  Your 8v tank is fine.  I swapped that exact engine into an '81 Rabbit
convertible, and didn't need to do anything to the fuel system.

Okay listers - here is your chance. What would you be looking for in a 16v swap
procedure?  I have ideas based on what I went thru, but suggestions on what to
consider would be welcome.  Email me privately.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |