Re: Parts Needed: 16v Wheel Bearing Housings

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:47:52 -0800 (PST) Cheapass Ron
<rapieper@yahoo.com> writes:
> Hmmm....had an experience earlier this year with an '84 GTI.  With
> the engine and tranny out, Daun and I threw in some spare half shafts
so
> we could roll it...no go.  Turned out the spares were 100mm and the
> hub carriers weren't.  Locked it solid.  Don't know whether they
> carriers had the bolt-on carriers (Nate Mellom's got 'em now).
>
> Ron

That's because it is '85 an up...

> --- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> > 84 on up will work!  Basically anything (A1 of course) that has
> the bolt on carriers for the calipers.  They will take 100mm cvs too!
> >
> > Dave

Wrong Dave!!!

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear,
DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599
137298