Stuff about my car

Well, since I was waiting on parts for Potterman to swap the motor out
of my '84 (I got the engine out!! Whoo hoo!!) I decided to take my '81
down to the local VW good-guys for a tune up.  I know, I know, I should
have done it, etc, etc, but ever since I swapped out my distributor and
O2 sensor, it's been idling funny and getting very poor milage.  So, I
had them check timing, idle, mixture, fuel pressure, etc.  Turns out the
timing belt was a tooth off, but everything else was pretty good.  I
told them I picked it up for $500, and they seemed to like it! "Aside
from being a little rusty around the edges and having bad struts, it's a
pretty solid car" said they.  My front struts are shot, I swapped the
original ones with a set of used struts I got with my '84 way back when,
and now the drivers side is acting very bad.  When you push on the car,
it feels okay, no binding, no scraping, and it stops bouncing quick.
 But, while driving, it seems like the strut is seized.  Very, very
rough ride.  I rears are soft too (haven't swapped them yet).  So, I was
planning on asking the list for a set of good, used struts with springs
(for ease of installation), but I asked them offhandedly if they had any
used A! strut/springs for cheap.  Turns out he's selling me his very
first set of auto-crossing struts and springs for $50!!  The struts
should be good (haven't neen used for years, worked when he pulled them
off his autocrossing Rabbit back in the day, no leaks), and they come
with a set of Autotech 1.5" lowering springs and poly top mounts!!
 Hell, for $50 I'll chance the struts for the springs and mounts.
 Bolt-on lowering package with questionable struts for cheap.  My kind
of deal.  He's also hooking me up with a 4-2 manifold as soon as he gets
a bunch of motors from his brothers farm (a family of VW freaks, gotta
like it!!)
Okay, just thought I'd share, I'm going to bed now.
Until tomorrow,
Nate
'81 (soon to be lowered!!)
'84 (soon to be going)