Re: [TECH] Engine Cleaning

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:23:32 -0500 "Jason F. Snow" <jason_f_snow@nac.net>
writes:
>I want to take the oil pan gasket off of my 2.0 16v and spray the crap
>out of the bottom end of the engine with carb cleaner. Let it drip on
>some newspaper, let it dry, replace the oil pan and filler up.
>
>Is this a bad thing? I want to make sure there isn't any moisture in
>there because it had rained on the engine while ago (the tarp blew
>off).
>I want to get any excess water and crap out of the bottom end before
>it
>is started.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,

Thats alot of extra work for nothing.
As long as you have fresh oil in the motor, crank it right up. Any and
all moisture will evaporate when you get it nice and warm. Carb cleaner
is for carbs. :)

Just start it, drive it a little and check the dipstick. if it looks like
cream in your coffee, drain and fill with new oil and a filter. Save
yourself the hassle. Thats my best professional medical opinion.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!