A sad scene on America's Funniest Videos

Last night I was watching AFV and they showed a video from the passenger
seat of a car driving on a wet mountain road.  As the car was coming upon
the switchback the driver lost control and the car slid into the rock face
along the road.  A couple seconds later the video came back to see what
damage had been done.  As it came into focus my heart dropped as I sat
looking at a gray mk2 scirocco nose first embedded in the rock.  At least
the guys in the car were ok and they didn't lose it over the side of the
switchback.  And yet I don't see how that video got alot of laughs.  If the
audience only knew what had been wrecked.

Scott Rose
88 red 16v
90 yellow g60(junk)
And I now know that it is rieger