Re: FS : Auction : OHION /Columbus -> 84' Scirocco 16vbody kit _84GTI engine

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> > tentative plan was
> > for me to come up and check it out this coming weekend.
>
> I think the story was that the owner was moving and didn't
> get it sold in time.  I've not talked to them though.

She said, to me anyway, that it was her car and someone put an engine in
it, then her boyfriend drove it over a big rock, poked a hole in the oil
pan and siezed the motor before she got to drive it.

I guess what i was implying with the above is that I was going to drive
out to check it out, but instead of sending me pictures she put it on
ebay, no biggie as im buying a different rocco, but dont feel i have to
tell her deals off anymore ;)

> Never heard of that...    I'm guessing it's a plain '84
> with leather (it was an option that year) that's been
> resprayed purple and a 16v kit added.

Hmm, i had a friend with an 84 wolfsburg with a 16v kit, he thought it
came that way, but he doesnt know VW's newer than 67 at all really i defer
to this list as having greater wisdom on roc's.

> Understand.  That's why you have a local lister with a
> digital camera check it out for you.....

In the future that might be a good idea :) maybe i'm too used to the world
of splitwindow VW busses where about 50% of the people on the list at a
given time would step on their mothers face while stabbing you in the back
to get a shot at whatever part you had a deal going on so they could brag
about how they paid $0.25 for it, and then offer the same part for sale 1
week later for $1599.00 FIRM!!! (no, i'm not bitter)

So, is this list better about that?

thanks a lot for the advice,

Steve

P.S. Since i'm new here, here is a list of my vehicles (past & present)
Ex rides:
70 mercedes 280e, 73 chevy vega, 87 pontiac trans am, 87 Audi GT coupe, 87
rocco 16v, 93 corrado VR6, 85 vf500R interceptor, 75 yamaha 650 special

current rides:
61 VW bus, 71 VW bus, 81 VW pickup, 86 rocco 16v (Picking up saturday)
83 mars red jetta (girlfriends car) 88 white jetta (girlfriends car)

current parts cars & car for sale:
66 bus, 67 bus, 70 bus, 80 vgon, 83 vgon westy (fs),