From: Cheapass Ron [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 19:13
To: danws69@earthlink.net; 'Allyn'
Cc: roc (E-mail)
Subject: Re: was: *ENGINE CEASE UPDATE* (long) now: oil blockage?

--- Dan S <danws@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> If I'm at idle, even w/o the hunting, my pressure drops to almost 0
> bars,
> then the tapping begins. Am I running too low of an oil? [5w/40w (I
> think).]

Yes, IMO your oil is too light.  These engines seem to favor heavier
oil; that's not new news.  I'd be running at least 10W30 in your area
(dino) or 10W40 (synth).

AFA near-zero OP at idle...don't worry too much about it.  I've owned
cars that bounced below 2psi @ idle w/ warm oil and they ran for ages.
Your engine's not new, after all! (is it?).  Worry more about very high
OP or low OP at running (2000+) rpm.

Just MHO.

Ron

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com