was: *ENGINE CEASE UPDATE* (long) now: oil blockage?

hmmm.....

the way my oil pressure acts, I was beginning to wonder if I was having that
kind of a problem....guess not....

here's what I experience...
If I'm at idle, even w/o the hunting, my pressure drops to almost 0 bars,
then the tapping begins. Am I running too low of an oil? [5w/40w (I think).]
So, my other option is to hold the rpm @ 2k and the pressure stays at 2 bar
w/ no tapping.......

oh yeah, I found part of my hunting problem. If you're effected, check your
big air boot for cracks/leaks. Mine is cracking right at one of the hose
holes, so I squirted some silicone rubber around it and now it's a *little*
more stable.

Dan
Tam-pa, FL
'81 Rabbit Sportruck