Re: OT - 91 2.0 16V Passat - no shift into Drive

More than likely it is a stuck solenoid which could be freed up with some
kind of "Magic Tranny Cleaner" type fluid, or it might just be dead.  Take a
look at the Bentley for this car and see if the Solenoids are internal or
external!!  I think the Bentley for the Passat is by itself meaning that it
won't be in a Jetta/Golf manual.  Anyway, I would buy for the parts but all
your getting is the motor and wiring harness (if you can use a auto
harness?) and maybe some odds and ends or be able to sell the good parts on
ebay then you'll have to find a way to get rid of the carcass!!

Dave