Re: 16v's, motronic swaps & reliability

>p.p.s. can anyone photocopy the relevnt parts of the passat manual for me,
>i'd hate to buy it just for wiring diagrams. (i have a jetta manual is its
>motronic section good enough for the swap? it covers digi 16v's in that
>application i think.)

if you're going to be using a Passat harness, the wiring is
differnent from a Jetta/Golf 16v. i was fucked up for days
because i couldn't figure out the wires, eventually i figured
it out. my donor was a 90 Passat Automatic. there we're only
about 5 wires to hook up, but i was having problems with my
tach when i first hooked it up. i had ot run a seperate wire to
my coil straight to my cluster. when the second stage on the
motronic coil would kick in, the needle would go bezerk! i
double check my wires on monday and i'll let you know...

lates!

paully