the 12 pack lives again!

hey everyone,

Tonight i did some more work on the infamous 12 pack scirocco.  I got it
running and driving agian, took it for a quick romp down my road.  I have a
few questions...
1. The key switch is removed from the ignition lock thing by means of a
philips head screw right?  do i have to take the ignition thing off the
steering column to get the switch out?
2. I am hearing an awful sucking or blowing (spare the comments) noise when
i gas the car.. if its coasting or idling i hear no noise.  I dont think the
intake boots are torn, so could the gasket between the intake manafold and
the head be leaking??  Whatever is going on, its causing a huge lack of
power.. i could only get the car to go just over 40mph with it on the floor
in 3rd gear.

As some of you prolly know, i was thinking of selling this car.. if i got a
good offer i will still sell it cause i am in need of money.. but after
tonight, im reluctant!  It was so awsome to drive it again, man i miss
driving my sciroccos!  i hope winter is over soon!  thanks.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v (mein Scirocco 16v befindet sich im Winterschlaf)
'81 Scirocco S (mein Scirocco MKI S befindet sich im Winterschlaf)
'81 Scirocco S (12 pack rocco)
'80 Scirocco S (only the rear half)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)
'93 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 (winter beater..rice Rice RIIIIIICE!)
****
ICQ# 91932895
AIM Username: xscirocco16vx
My web page (work in progress!)