Re: Scirocco Break In

Wow, you were lucky.  My Scirocco wasn't so lucky when
my Uncle had it in Yonkers, NY.  THe drivers side lock
on my 84 is missing and the window is really flimsy.
My uncle went through a couple of stereos on it and he
had one with the removable faceplate and I think it
was still stolen.  WHen my parents gave him the MKI 77
in the 80s it was stolen but recovered unharmed.

I wonder If sciroccos are stolen car threats
--- Scirocco 16v <scirocco16v32@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> Actually, the break in occured a few weeks ago, but
> I thought I'd share and
> maybe prevent it from happening to anyone else.
>
> It was a bright and sunny day [isn't it always in
> Los Angeles? :)] around
> noon when I went over to a friend's house in
> Inglewood to fix her computer.
> I was at her third-story apartment residence for
> about two hours, when on
> the second hour, sometihng (the Scirocco gods no
> doubt) told me to turn
> around and look out her window.  Below, I spotted
> what I thought was a
> fellow Scirocco enthusiast pacing back and forth on
> the sidewalk beside my
> car.  Heck, I'd just had her waxed to make her shiny
> new paint look nice :)
> so I didn't think much of it.  A smile started to
> spread across my mug when
> all of a sudden it turned to pure rage as I uttered
> really bad words (and
> they were, too) to the plate glass window and three
> stories separating me
> and the f*ckin' idiot breaking into my car.
>
> Before I knew what happened, the *sswhipe pushed
> down on my hood several
> times (checking for an alarm, no doubt), then lifted
> up his shirt and
> produced a long, metallic object which he used to
> jimmy open my passenger
> car door.  Since I had my sun visor up, he probably
> thought no one would
> notice someone was in the car.
>
> In any case, I wheeled around (mind you, this entire
> scene happened in a
> span of about 10 seconds {break in was 3 seconds,
> tops}), ran out the door,
> jumped stairs at a time down the three flights, and
> sped out the lobby doors
> in a rage I'd say rivals one of my PMS moments.  I
> ran in a low crouch up to
> my car, oblivious that this idiot might have a
> weapon, eased up on my car,
> and slammed the door on his leg.  He pushed the car
> door open and sprung out
> like a snake bit him at which point his forehead
> encountered a left hand
> full of bony knuckles.  You know what?  It bloody
> well hurt! But I didn't
> care.  He ran off and there I was chasing this guy
> I'll describe as 5'8, 170
> lbs, close shaved head with a tatoo on his neck,
> wearing a white t-shirt,
> and tan khaki pants cut off at the knee, with some
> Chucks (Converse black
> high-tops) on.
>
> I had ankle socks on without shoes (I'm always in
> the habit of removing my
> shoes when I enter a person's abode) so my grip on
> the cement was
> neglibible, but I could hear the bastard breathing
> so I kept running after
> him.  He rounded the corner and ran past a video
> shoot (folks just stood
> there looking at us), then right out into traffic
> and was gone.  Yep, I
> [...]

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm