Re: german tires (bad bad)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 Dubdaze68@aol.com wrote:

> Well, check out the sidewall......there seems to be less rubbing than when I
> put 15*7 DOT Rims on my Cabriolet with BFG  R1's.....There's almost no
> evidence of any damage.

I did check out the sidewall, that was my issue.  Wether the damage is
internal tearing from exceeding the tires design limits, or external from
rubbing on a fender is immaterial to me, damage is damage.

You can tell me 6 ways to sundy how well putting a tire for a 7 inch rim
on a 9 inch rim is a great idea & handles better. I wont buy it. (where
are all the race car drivers rollin this setup?) IMHO if a tire rubs, get
a different offset, stiffer suspension, roll/flare the fenders. Just
because it fits better doesnt mean it is better.

Will it work, sure it will. May even work for a good long time, i dont
know and probably wont find out. Is it a good idea, well if you like the
way it looks and are willing to sacrifice a tire that functions properly,
no problem.

I'd like to say to each his own, & if that floats your boat go for it,
just dont expect me to tell you its a good idea :)

take care,

Steve