Re: My Scirocco is essentially trashed.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Randy B wrote:

> Steve,
> You said it!!!!
> This is absolutely THE BEST advice for keeping our Scirocco's in one piece.
> Even tho' I drive briskly (ok, so I drive FAST) I live by the following
> statement.
> Always expect the unexpected.
Yup,

oh, and after that accident, I put about 100k miles on old VW busses, if a
single 16 ga piece of sheetmetal between you and the oncoming traffic
doesnt make you a defensive driver, nothing will ;)

In the end, no matter who's "fault" it is, i still end up with a busted
car or worse! Unfortunately, all the insurance co's and lawyers in the
world wouldn't be able to restore an eyeball or amputated leg :(

'nuther tip i heard once was "drive like you are strapped to the front
bumper" which wasnt terribly hard to visualize in my bus. Dont get me
wrong, i'm not opposed to spirited driving on public roads, just be aware
:)

I agree with the other guys, dont admit to any wrongdoing & stick to your
guns...

take care,

Steve