Hi beams don't work, and burning smell

Well, I got my turn signals working yesterday, but my
hi beams still don't work.

Hit the switch and hear the relay click.  The hi beam
indicator on the dash lits dimly, and the outer
headlites do go to hi beams, but the inner lits don't
lite at all.  I swapped in a known good inner headlite
and it didn't work either.  I suspect a wiring break
somewhere, suggestions?

Also, I let the car idle for a bit in the driveway to
help keep the battery charged and I smelled a very
unpleasant burning smell.  Didn't smell like coolant
or plastic/rubber.  Couldn't see anything on fire
(hmm), but I did have some tensioner noise.  Thoughts?

I'm getting pretty close to getting this car on the
road, but burning smells will definately keep it
driveway bound till I figure them out!

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte