Re: Mk1 monowiper: how to increase the speed?

I like to lube mine up when it moves slow (the wiper linkage that is)
The main restriction is where the shaft twists inside the part that mounts to
the cowl.
I removed one once that took about 10 seconds to do a sweep on high speed.
The thing had corrosion in there so I took some steel wool and cleaned it up
and then some lithium grease and reinstalled it. Your motor could be really
dirty inside too causing some major internal voltage loss. Everybody put a
ohmeter on theres and lets see what we come up with. Then of course the
wiring itself could be causing some loss, run a set of jumpers from the
battery up there and see how fast it goes.
Remember to use water for best speed trials.

Jasin
lives in the corrosion belt