HELP! taking out dash on 16v...

Ok, so I have the Bentley and it's a very
straightforward procedure, but what I'm wondering is
do I have to do everything the Bentley says?

Bear with me, on my A2 Golf the Bentley had me
practically take apart the entire dash to get the
instrument cluster out!  When all I needed to do was
pop off the steering wheel and take off a coupla
screws.

So before I completely disassemble the rocco like the
Bentley says, I want to know if I really need to.

Email me or call me at 781-789-2472 if you know.

TIA!

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte