RE: Headliner group buy?

At 3:28 PM -0600 12/1/01, L. M. Lloyd wrote:
>As a rule, leather of the exact same thickness and size is usually
>not that much heaver than an identical piece of vinyl. I am talking
>about making this out of thin leather (think glove leather, not
>motorcycle jacket), so it should not have any problems sagging.

Cool... I was thinking the exact same thing but I assumed the kind of
leather you're talking about would be cost-prohibitive.  Hell, I
spend $20 on a golf glove that uses less than 1 square foot of the
stuff :)

BTW, sort of off-topic, I found that vinyl like the factory uses for
the OE headliners in our cars is very very difficult to come by.
When you can find it, it's usually in a very limited selection of
colors.  YMMV depending on where in the country you are and what
contacts you have, but I was basically forced to use the Nyfoam
because I didn't want a black, white, or tan vinyl headliner.  I
wanted grey :P