Re: Bad end of day with my 82

----- Original Message -----
From: Kervin Ridgley <kervinridgley@earthlink.net>

>Here's another question, I've
> got Bilsteins HD's and H&R springs.  I'm happy with the way it rides,
> but than again, I've never had anything else.  Would a shine bar in back
> and no bar in front with the H&R's give me a similar set-up to a shine
> kit?

NO!
Shine's springs are single rate (not-progressive) and the front springs are
stiffer in relation to the rear springs than is common. This lets them run
without a front bar and maintain reasonable chassis balance.
Running their bar setup with H & R springs will make your Scirocco REAL tail
happy. Remember the picture of the Scriocco with the effed up rear axle
posted by one of the listers after he backed it off the road after trying
this mod??
If you should to proceed and try this setup approach you're cars limits very
cautiously cause it's going to handle a lot different than it does.
Especially in low grip situations.
Dan