Re: FW: what is "euro" fuel injection?

 > Periodically, I see a reference to "european" fuel
> injection(CIS).  Ron's
> > or Denon sells the pieces, occasionally I see them
> on ebay, etc, and I'm
> > wondering what makes that stuff different than the
> CIS we got in North
> > America.  I seem to recall that the European fi
> ran with no O2 sensor or
> > cat,

Like our 1978 Scirocco?

Or like the 1979 U.S. Scirocco?

02 sensors (CIS Lambda) started in 1980 for California
cars, 1981 for all other states.

Cats are bit iffy, my '75 originally came with one,
but VW got epa approval to remove them. Dunno about
'76 or '77,

but 1978 and 1979 49 state cars had no cats (NON
CATALYST)

1980 Sciroccos (49 state) had cats, but no O2.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)