A3 Jetta Question

I have a friend with a 98 Jetta. The bulb for the drivers side turn signal
needs to be replaced. I was looking at the lens briefly tonight (in the
dark) and noticed there were no screws or anything to remove the lens and
allow access to the backside where the bulb is. Do you just get this bulb
from underneath and behind the bumper or is there some tricky German
engineered way to get the lense out? I haven't had a chance to really look
at it since it was dark, so I thought I might ask the VW gurus on here.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Sorry for the non-scirocco content...