Help with beat up old '82 daily driver

Okay, I was planning on stripping down the old '82 and using the shell as my
project car, but the '86 did not like that and now I have had to switch
gears.

So I threw the '82 back together again (barely) so that I can drive it.

All original '82 type equipment (tranny, 1.7L, etc).

Problem 1:  Clutch is slipping.  (clutch job this weekend).  Realistically,
how much trouble is it for someone who has never done a clutch before?  I
figure pull the tranny and install clutch (Bentley makes it look easy), but
can it be done in a Sat. with time to spare for those little things that
crop up?

Problem 2:   It has huge amount of road vibration.  It is not the motor
mount as it does not increase with revs, but increases with speed.  I can
coast down a hill with idle and it still gets worse under high speeds.   Car
feels like it is going to vibrate apart, and it sounds deafening (doesn't
help that I have no interior except a driver seat and dash right now).  Rear
shocks are good (about 1 month old from a donor rabbit) front struts seem
good, no bounce, not soft.  What could be the cause of the vibration/noise.
I have to get this fixed.  I get a major headache driving it right now.  Bad
wheel bearings do this?  A-Arm bushings?  Or could it be front struts? Any
ideas?  I have a set of Boge front struts with 16V springs I was thinking of
throwing in just to see if there is any difference (even if the front end
will sit higher due to the weight difference).

Oh, while on the subject of suspension.  Did Boge make an oil based rear
suspension or was it all gas?  I went through the sets I have in storage
(when getting the '82 back on the road) and I ended up with three sets of
Boge that act like oil shocks.  They have nice even resistance all the way
through the stroke, but they do not have the pressure you get with Gas
shocks (they don't rebound back up).  I have only ever installed one set of
new Boge and they were gas, so I wanted to check before I tossed these as
bad shocks when they seem like perfectly good oil ones.

Thanks again.

Cory