Re: Front suspension, steering and brakes

Sounds like possibly the frame or chassis leg is bent. Quick finger in the
air check s to measure distance between 3 o'clock on the tyre & trailing
edge of wing & compare with other side. Did you check right up in the recess
where the inner wing / chassis leg joins to the firewall for ripples /
cracks?  Might need to get it measured-up on a jig to be sure that it's
straight - can be done without removing engine but front suspension would
need to come off and probably rear struts: can't remember exactly what was
done with mine.
Also, are the wishbone bushes OK? Lift the front of the car & see if there's
any play in the wishbone or if the wishbone/bush protrudes too much.
Maybe your problem with rubbing is that the rack is off center too much - if
it' newish I presume it's adjustable at both ends.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8