A bunch 'o Questions...

Okay, here is a whole bunch of stuff, anyone got any info please let me
know:

1.  Is there any way to differentiate a G60 1.8 from a regular 1.8 short
block? (yes when the g-ladder, etc have all been stripped off)

2.  Does anyone have, or know of a source for a complete G60 ignition wiring
set and fuel rail, etc.  I need the engine management system complete
(wiring, fuel, etc)

3.  Anyone know how a knock sensor works (technically)?  Does is act at a
certain vibration level and send out a signal, close a switch or something?
Any info to sites with technical details would be nice.

4.  How much better (in reality) is the infamous Audi 5000 Turbo intake
manifold over a standard VW one (yes I know a runner needs to be cut off and
at tb mount welded back on).  - Should you port match the head for a Audi
intake, or are the runners close to the same size?

5.  Can the Distributor from a older 1.6/1.7 fit into a 1.8 block, or do you
need to modify anything?

For the turbo Guru's:

A.  How much extra heat does the turbo transfer into the oil?  Should I
install an oil cooler on the turbo engine to be safe?

B.   I have seen some turbos with water cooling jackets as well as the oil
lines.  Are these that much better?

C.  How do you size an intercooler?  Is simply bigger better?

D.  Anyone have any suggestions on good reading material?

Cory - The VW Addict.
86 8v (Soon to be 2.1L turbo)
82 8v (Very rough daily driver)
86 golf, 85 jetta, 75 Super Beetle, 65 Karmann Ghia