Heh.. for those that remember my mystery noise on my turbo car

this is long.......

Well... i may finally have figured it out..... damn..i took the motor apart
today and i looked at the crank. and there are grinding marks on there...
alot.. (i'll post pictures later). but this is my theory on what the noise
was... the g60 motor that i got from the dealer was fucked up (sean porter
can vouch how fucted cambell nelson's can be). the ringing noise or as andre
thought was a weird electrical pulsing noise.. well from analyzing the
broken piston.. the piston was already broken to begin with. the ringing
noise was from the ring lands shaking inside the cylinder and the rings is
what held it together, thus still giving good compression. once i dialed in
13psi, it broke off two little pieces on the ring lands and that's what made
the piston give up. from looking at the cracked ring lands, it was all
carboned up. the two little pieces that gave away are carbon free.

so what might have happened was that the motor before i had it. was that the
rod gave away or something gave away and grinded the crank the way it is and
the piston must of hit something hard, but not hard enough to show damage
visually. the person who fixed it before me probably didn't inspect the
piston good enough or just didn't see that it was busted and just replaced
the rod.
cause the ringing (whistling) noise has always been there ever since i got
the motor running. now that is solved...

my question is that.. is the crank a standard JH crank? if it is.. im gonna
swap mines out and put it in there. the crank is still probably fine, but
it's piece of mind.

Thanks for reading.. heh... THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!

Wing