Re: 16v brakes onto '77 questions/ragtop sunroof upolstery?

See below.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop
'91 GLi 2.0 16V
'77 Rabbit 16V
'80 'Vert (parting out!)
'61 17 Window type II
'91 Vanagon
'78 Rabbit
'78 Rabbit (for sale)
'87 GTi 16V

>I want to change the brakes in my 77 to 16v brakes for better braking,
>will the 16v rear axle bolt right onto the 77, or is there an easier way
>of doing this?

It will bolt straight in.

does the 16v rocco have rear discs?

Yes and a 22mm (?) rear sway bar.

also can i use my
>stock 77 front spindles with the 16v cariers and calipers, or do i need
>the 16v spindles?

You can use the '77 spindles and it will work just fine and all will bolt
on.

>what all will i need to do this conversion besides.
>master cylander
>brake booster
>16v calipers
>16v carriers
>16v rotors

You will need to replace the pedal assy. or attach a peice of metal that
will hold the brake light switch that you will have to install. The 16v
Master does not have extra holes for the brake light switches.

>And about the ragtop sunroof does anyone have a descent ragtop they will
>part with or anyone know a cheap alternative to geting it re-upolstered?

I got mine done for 300$ in canvas. Get a new one and have it done with
canvas. Dont opt for vinyl or you will be redoing it.