Dubwar! Damn yeah!!!!!!

Dubwar kicked ass! I had a great time. Other than some fuel pump problems
on the El Camino, the whole time was a complete blast. Lots of people,
lots of cars.

The autox was the fastest autox ive ever been on. It was more like a Solo
1 course than it was an autox. I was in 4th gear everywhere. So much fun!

The burnout contest was...... the dumbest thing ive ever done but now I
see why you "young" kids like it so much! I mean, the burnout contest
represents the complete neanderthal mentality (IE, break shit) and does
it in front of a group of screaming people. Old Goodyear tires stink like
shit too. I had so much smoke inside the car I was gaging and even today
I can still smell it. Yech! My car is still plastered in rubber bits.
When that shit gets on your leg (fur) it clings! Only one way to get it
off. OUCH!

The road racing was great too. There were alot of FAST cars there. I
mean, true 300+ HP cars out on the track. There was a red Cabriolet with
a 2.0L 16V with 20lbs of boost just beating the crap out of everybody.
That car FLEW!
I had the 84 out on course for its first ever track event. Doug Toulie
drove it for his road racing part and got out of the car telling Julie,
"I love your car"! Then I got in and found out why he said that! It just
loves 5th gear! Fast and fun. Now ive got my Sig to actually means
something! LOL!!
Other notables were a MK-I Scirocco with a 2.0L 16V keeping up with the
DR. Boltz VR6 Turbo Beetle!
Potter broke his clutch after the racing was over giving rides. At least
it was on the last lap of the last run group!

Anyways, alot of people didn't show, im sure there are reasons. I know
that the SF crowd wont go any further than their back yards for GTG's.
Sokay. I understand.

Anyways, just got home and am already looking foreward to next years
Dubwar 2002!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!