(non-roc)A4 woes.

My golf is a piece of crap. I think it's one of those #20's off the VW assembly line -- you know, the 20th car that is a total bomb because of shitty quality control. Latest problem, the interior light switch exploded upon use. The spring holding the copper contact plate to the switch and keeping the slider held up decided to wear through the plastic and shoot off which in turn shorted or at least hosed a bunch of other shit in this car. No more windows, alarm, door chime, doors don't lock after 6mph, no more dome lights :) Tried to fix it myself, since it has 30k and is out of warranty, the spring's stop was to worn away and it flew across my basement. 7am, fist through spare drywall a few times to dissipate anger and then a call to VW.

I had to drive a chrysler cirrus, thankfully I at least was able to get to work yesterday after dropping my car off wednesday night.My car sits at the dealer now. What's the next catch? Part doesn't come in until monday, they fixed everything else(probably fuses -- hopefully! I'm not fucking with it though, this car is 1 year old.) That's not so bad, but what's the next catch? They can't install it until *SEPTEMBER*. WTF!? Are these mechanics fucking retarded? It took me 5 minutes to get the domelight switch assembly out. You're telling me that takes a freaking service appt? Let me think no. Problem, I leave aug 31st for my long overdue vacation, and im gone until sept 17th. Umm fuck. Roadtrip + no domelights = no map reading. Not cool. So in the name of all that is holy, such as my vacation from work & maryland, I am going to pick up my car and attempt to talk the dealer into signing the work order into completion, letting me pick the part up monday and install it myself meeting my deadline(vacation..) which has been written in corporate stone for months.

Top this off with now knowing when my bilsteins & H&R's will leave the potterpeople's fine establishment, im wondering if my faith in chaos will somehow help this complete clusterfuck  ad-hock plan come together. I would have liked to have struts that actually dampened some, now allowing enough force through them to move the subframe over(already had to get the car re-aligned due to this, factory struts went under @ 15k. I drive hard.) and maybe a little firmer springs so I don't flip it, and lift the inside wheel everywhere.

I haven't been able to get shit done on my sciroccos either, since my work schedule has gotten shifted to evening hours thanks to this, since I don't want to take *any* leave. I guess I should have expected these kind of things with this car since I own sciroccos.
	-ghuff