Re: New cars and shit

> Ok well I jsut wanted to let you guys know about my new aquisitions. I got 2
> more cars the other day. One is a '78 Rabbit (automatic BLEH!) with 120k and
> no dents or any previous body damage, runs good but needs some electrical
> love; and heres the good part NO RUST AT ALL WHATSOEVER. Price: install
> customers 1.8l 8v in another Rabbit.

Whew, a 78 Rabbit with an auto eh?  Boy that thing has got to be a dog,
especially if it has the original 1.5 still in it! :-)  Coolest year of
the Rabbit if you ask me though (I am biased, that was my first car, a 78
Rabbit).  The best part was CIS injection mated to a non-cat exhaust (48
state 78s were catalyst exempt!).  Sucky part was, no rear wiper option in
78, didn't come out till 79.  Is it a 4 door or a 2 door Chris?  Is it the
coveted L model with sunroof?  What color interior and exterior?

> The other I am more happy about and I picked this one up tonight (well at
> least got the title and keys). '87 16V GTi needs spark plugs and a wheel
> bearing. Has Recaro seats (blue from a Helios blue Jetta) and 15" BBS wheels
> with good rubber, Tokico suspension, K/N air cleaner, TT something (havent
> fingered it out yet), and a MOMO shift knob. Price: 200$

Nice!

> Sold my '77 16V Rabbit for 1500$ (paid 400$ for it).

Wheelin and dealing I see! hahahaha!

What is it about these cars that makes us buy so many?

PS--Picking up a wrecked 79 rocco tomorrow....

PSS-- Colorado listers looking for suspension/exhaust/other bits, shoot me
an email, the 79 rocco has a ton o cool stuff on it and it will be
available from the wrecker on a u-pull-it basis..I don't have the time to
deal with alot of the parts on it....

--
Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car) *HEADING TO A LOCAL WRECKER*
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's daily driver)
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car) *GONE*
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox