RE: Sunroof Problems (please help)

<snip Sha1>
In addition to that, the sunroof has become extremely hard
to retract, and the gears have a tendency to slip with a sound that
is somewhere between a pop and a crunch. My uneducated guess is that
the entire assembly needs to be pulled out of the roof, cleaned,
regreased, rebuilt and reinstalled.
<end snip>

When my sunroof was doing this, it was a matter of just cleaning and
regreasing the cables and guides.  So the good news is you may not need any
parts (other than the seal you mentioned), but the bad news is you're still
going to need to disassemble the thing.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II