Re: Thinking about selling my car in two weeks

Even if you get someone to slap a mechanics lien against the car,
it'll take you at least 30 days for the ORIGINAL owner to default.
Then you'll have to go through whatever red tape MD has to acquire
the title.  There isn't much to compel your seller to properly title
the car since he already has your money and he's completely free of
any paper trail pertaining to this car except for a bill of sale
between you and the seller.  In other words, it sounds like you're
SOL.

However, since you're in Baltimore, I may have a buyer for the car,
even without a title.

> > I brought a 84 VW scirocco 8v from a guy in new jersey and the
> guy
> > never
> > retitled the car so I had to give him the title back so he could
> > retitle
> > it in his name and then send the title to me so I could title it.
>
> > Well
> > to make a long story short i have a perfectly good car in my
> garage
> > with
> > a bill of sale and no title.  Its been 4 weeks and the guy still
> > hasn't
> > went to the DMV to retitle the car and now my other car had went
> up
> > so i
> > have to get transportation to work.  If u know any mechanics they
>
> > can
> > easily put a lien on it since the original owner sold the car and
>
> > the guy
> > never retitled it. So if I don't get a title in 2 weeks I'm
> selling
> > the
> > car for $500 and taking a lose.  If anyone is interested e-mail
> me
> > at
> > derrickmd18@juno.com

=====
Matthew Yip
http://www.geocities.com/mgyip/

'76 Scirocco - '81 Rabbit - The "General Li" - '88 M5 - '99 F350