Re: [TECH] 16v conversion question

Victor Farren wrote:

> First a little background:
>
> I recently totaled my 1988 Alpine White 2L 16v.  Shite!  I have owned sciroccos exclusively since 1994.  I have decided to go in another direction, but not too far.  I plan on buying a 1982 silver Rabbit.  I will install the 2L 16v I salvaged from the rocco along with the CIS-E injection, leather seats, rear disks, sway bars, lowering springs and Bilsteins.  Basically the car will be a Rabbit shell with a Scirocco heart and soul.

SO far, So good.

> Soo, can I just plug the engine management wiring into the 1982 Rabbit fuse box, or do I need to splice the wiring into Rabbit connectors?  I kept the scirocco fuse box as well if that makes a difference.

No, You can not expect an 82 anything and an 88 anything to 'lust plug
in'. Besides that is the 16v vs 8v swap issues.

Is the 16v all done & gone? Can you get the rest of the wiring loom?

ANyway, there are lots of help out there on the web about 16v
conversions, start up <http://www.google.com> and get to work.

> Anyone know if I can install a rocco dash into a Rabbit?

Uh, Maybe. Nothing is impossible.

> Thanks,
> Victor F.
> 1984 8v rocco - RIP
> 1988 2L 16v - RIP

That RIP is a troubling trend, my friend.

TBerk